The association is a specialized body of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society. The association is subject to those Articles statuses and by law of the society that apply to association and also to the society. It is affiliated to the International Association of Hydrogeologists.
Objectives and Functions of the Association.
- To provide a forum for the meeting of professionals in hydrogeology and allied disciplines.
- To prescribe qualifications required for the practice of the profession of hydrogeology.
- To standardize qualifications required for the practice of the profession.
- To encourage the collection of data, research and dissemination of information on water resources.
- To advice the government and their agencies as well as the public on the need to control the exploration, exploitation and development of our water resources.
- To harmonize funds and support from the government and other bodies in their involvement in programmes to enhance the practice hydrogeology.
- To cooperate with other allied professional bodies connected with the water sector
- To nominate any member or members as arbitrators or investigators on water resources problems when called upon to do so.
- To establish forum and facilitates :
- Annual conference and general meetings of the Association
- Organisation of symposia, seminars and workshops on water resources problems from time to time.
- To be engaged in the publication of g proceedings of annual conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops and hydrogeological papers.
- Registering professional Hydrogeologists.
- Advertising of curricular development on the training of Hydrogeologists in higher institutions in the country.
- Any other functions to promote the profession of hydrogeology.